Location: American Bank Walmart Branch, 120 Frances Lane, Beaver Dam, WI
Status: Full – time hourly position
Hours: Hours worked are during the branch’s hours of operation which are: 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Saturday, and 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Sunday. Weekend hours are on a rotation basis. This is a 40 hour per week position with the possibility of overtime during staff vacations and other staffing shortages.
Job Summary: The Lead Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for providing a variety of customer service functions involving the receipt and payment of money. Responsible for providing supervision of the CSR area and performing other operational supervisory tasks. Develops customer relationships, identifies needs, promotes the bank’s products and services and assists customers in establishing accounts. The Lead CSR is responsible for managing the branch in the manager’s absence.
- In conjunction with the Branch Manager, supervise the tellers and oversee all aspects of the CSR area including, but not limited to: providing overrides for transactions, overseeing work to ensure accuracy, thoroughness and a high level of customer service, assisting CSRs in balancing at the end of the day, preparing staff schedules, and training new CSRs.
- Perform decision-making responsibilities in the absence of the Branch Manager.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining customer relationships to enhance the customer experience at the bank and generate customer loyalty.
- Accurately process all routine transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, loan payments and check cashing in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership in the areas of customer service, sales techniques, referrals, and product knowledge.
- Open new personal and business deposit accounts, identify the financial needs of new and existing customers and cross sell appropriate products and services and make qualified referrals.
- Assist the Branch Manager with vault cash duties including supplying and receiving cash to/from CSRs, monitoring vault currency and coin levels, placing orders for currency with the Federal Reserve, processing incoming shipments and balancing the vault.
- A minimum of 2 years supervisory experience, preferably in a retail setting.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills as well as a positive outgoing personality and attitude.
- Ability to identify customer needs & refer bank products and services
- Ability to work a schedule that will vary from week to week. Must be able to work early weekday evenings, Saturdays and Sundays.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving, decision making, management and supervisory skills.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Previous teller/banking or related experience is preferred, but not a requirement.
Benefits: The American Bank offers a competitive wage along with an attractive benefit package which includes medical, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance, employee stock ownership plan, 401K, and paid vacation, holidays and sick leave.
Equal Opportunity Employer